Blue Jackets Forum

Blue Jackets Forum

Columbus Blue Jackets talk.

Thoughts for August

0 +/-
OWSH45's picture
August 21, 2024 at 12:50pm
17 Comments

Here we are, about 3 weeks until training camp. And the new hockey operations regime has everyone, with the possible exception of 741 (who wants every penny of available cap space spent), pretty excited for the new season. Waddell got all the RFAs signed to reasonable contracts, even though it seemed to take forever getting Sillinger signed. Evason and a slightly reworked coaching staff is in place and Evason does come across as the type of coach the Jackets tend to do better under. How could I wait until now to praise the front office for hiring Don Waddell? A truly professional GM and President of Hockey Operations. I've had several Facebook friends praise the Jackets hiring him and current evidence suggests they're right. Bringing in Monahan seems a smart move despite what many pundits have said. Hopefully, he and Johnny Gaudreau rekindle the chemistry they had in Calgary. More importantly, Monahan will be a mentor for Adam Fantilli, Cole Sillinger and, when he gets here, Cayden Lindstrom as well as stabilizing the center position for the first time in Jackets history. Then, there's this kid, Jordan Harris, acquired in getting rid of crybaby Laine. I've read nothing but good things about him. One fan from the Montreal area even suggested that he might challenge Provorov for time on the second pairing. We're looking towards a very interesting and entertaining season. Isn't that nice?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of 1st Ohio Battery unless otherwise noted.

View 17 Comments